Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The hills are alive...



Our escape to the hills of Mahableshwar came at just the right time. We had two peaceful days up in the small town situated in a lush tropical forest. Many trails circle the town, allowing us our first chance since we arrived to take a leisurely stroll and see blue sky. It was a good chance for me to decompress and process what we had seen and experienced during our first week in India. It was a telling week, validating so much that I know about myself.

1-I'm a country girl at heart. I get claustrophobic in big cities and seek refuge closer to nature. We were certainly able to find that in Mahableshwar.

2-I'm not a huge fan of the heat/humidity, and the mountain air offered relief from the stifling heat of the low lying cities.

3-I take a while to process all that I experience. It seemed like we were on the fast track our first week, and it was good to have a chance to do that.

And so we spent one day walking trail after trail, encountering far more butterflies and birds than people. I left Mahableshwar recharged and more centered...and ready to head south.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you guys are out of Mumbai:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27928718/

November 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I was just checking the blog to make sure you weren't in Mumbai anymore....

November 26, 2008 at 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you've left Mumbai ! Let us know what you hear about the attacks...

November 26, 2008 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How ironic and fortunate the first line of this blog entry:

"Our escape to the hills of Mahableshwar came at just the right time."

Stay safe, and keep us posted.

November 27, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home