Thursday, November 26, 2009

My apologies...


Somehow after nearly a year on the road, I was becoming a bit complacent. Places were starting to look the same and the excitement of travel was waning a bit. Although I was still enjoying our adventures, I was losing inspiration to try to capture and share our experiences. My apologies that more than a month has passed without any entries. We have made our way down into Indonesia...but a lot happened between northern Thailand and Indonesia. I will try to fill in some gaps, for both you and me...as this blog doubles as a personal journal for our travels also.

And it just so happens to be thanksgiving, a little more than a year after we started this adventure together. I am overwhelmed when trying to process all that we have seen and experienced this past year. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to embark on such a journey (and with such a remarkable person too!) We meet countless people who don't have the means to leave their own country, let alone their own city....while we are able to travel so extensively. The world is full of imbalances, and is certainly a world of 'haves' and have-nots' as we witness on a daily basis. I am constantly reminded of how fortunate I am to have grown up in a world in which I was surrounded by opportunities due to my circumstances. However, I have encountered some of the most lovely smiles and sincerest kindness from the people who fall into the 'have-not' category. I have witnessed such beautiful happiness in this world so full of injustice that it can be overwhelming at times. I wish everyone the happiest of thanksgivings with family and friends....and know that we are thinking of you (and the pumpkin pie!!). And to our families....thank YOU for all the love and support you have offered during our journey!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home